[BioC] Rgraphviz windows version incompatible with current Graphviz

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Mar 26 15:02:02 CET 2011

On 03/26/2011 06:37 AM, Richard Gill wrote:
> Help!
>
> The current RGraphviz on windows requires graphviz-2.20.3. This is no
> longer available from the graphviz web pages, except as source code
> which you must build yourself. Does anyone have a better solution?

Hi Richard --

The README file (see
http://bioconductor.org/help/bioc-views/release/bioc/html/Rgraphviz.html
for location, in the .tar.gz archive) says, correctly, that:

o. install Graphviz ***2.20.3.1*** Windows ***binary*** distribution from

http://www.graphviz.org/pub/graphviz/stable/windows/graphviz-2.20.3.1.msi

    in a directory that we'll call $DIR.  We use the following as an
example:

          C:\Graphviz2.20

    If you install it in other dir, just use your dir correspondingly.

o. Add Graphviz' bin diretory to the user PATH variable, e.g.,

      c:\Graphviz2.20\bin

o. Check the configuration by starting a new DOS window and displaying
    the PATH environment variable, e.g.,

       c:\> echo %PATH%

o.  Use biocLite('Rgraphviz') to install Rgraphviz