[BioC] new error: when running gage

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 17:42:22 CEST 2011

Hi Sohail,
When you deal with single column/experiment data, you should set heatamp argument to FALSE in sigGeneSet function. There is no sense to generate heatmap for single column data, right? The message you’ve got is actually not error but warning message when you tried generating heamap for such data. The following example run with single-column/experiment data work well. You may want to try your analysis again with the correct setting. Notice that you need to update your gage package to the development version at http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.9/bioc/html/gage.html. There are some bug when running gage 2.2.x with single column data. HTH.
Weijun

library(gage)
library(gageData)
data(gse16873)
#gene sets data available for other species, type in ?kegg.gs
data(kegg.gs)

#single column data without control
gse16873.kegg.p <- gage(gse16873[,1], gsets = kegg.gs)
#single experiment data with control
gse16873.kegg.2.p <- gage(gse16873, ref=1, samp=3, gsets = kegg.gs)

#extract significant gene set results
gse16873.kegg.sig=sigGeneSet(gse16873.kegg.p, heatmap=F)
gse16873.kegg.2d.sig=sigGeneSet(gse16873.kegg.p, heatmap=F)