[BioC] Any changes in Biomart regarding GO terms? Script crashing today

rhoda at ebi.ac.uk rhoda at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 13 17:40:00 CEST 2011

Hi Jose
The three GO sections have been merged into one. See here for news about
ensembl BioMart changes:

http://www.ensembl.org/info/website/news/index.html#team-Mart

These are the names of the attributes you now need to look for:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE Query>
<Query  virtualSchemaName = "default" formatter = "TSV" header = "0"
uniqueRows = "0" count = "" datasetConfigVersion = "0.6" >

	<Dataset name = "hsapiens_gene_ensembl" interface = "default" >
		<Attribute name = "go_id" />
		<Attribute name = "name_1006" />
		<Attribute name = "definition_1006" />
		<Attribute name = "go_linkage_type" />
		<Attribute name = "namespace_1003" />
	</Dataset>
</Query>

These attribute names correspond to:

GO Term Accession
GO Term Name
GO Term Definition
GO Term Evidence Code
GO domain

I will give the internal names (i.e. name_1006) a more descriptive and
meaningful name for the next release. Apologies for any confusion caused.
Regards
Rhoda