[BioC] image matching

Moshe Olshansky olshansky at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon May 30 08:53:14 CEST 2011

Hi Avinash,

If your images are grey level ones and A and B are vectors (arrays)
representing the pixels, one measure of similarity is the correlation
(i.e. cor(A,B)), if the overall intensity matters, you can look at
sum(A-B)^2)/(n*sd(A)*sd(B)), where n is the number of pixels.
If you need anything more sophisticated you will need to follow the advice
of Brandon Whitcher, i.e. provide more details.

Regards,
Moshe.