[BioC] installation of bioconductopr packages fails

Ina Hoeschele inah at vbi.vt.edu
Mon Nov 28 22:02:23 CET 2011

Hi,
  I cannot install any bioconductor packages right now - sorry but can someone tell me what is wrong? Please see below.
Thanks, Ina

> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> biocLite("limma")
Using R version 2.14.0, biocinstall version 2.8.4.
Installing Bioconductor version 2.8 packages:
[1] "limma"
Please wait...

Warning: unable to access index for repository http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/2.14
Warning: unable to access index for repository http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/data/annotation/bin/windows/contrib/2.14
Warning: unable to access index for repository http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/data/experiment/bin/windows/contrib/2.14
Warning: unable to access index for repository http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/bioc/bin/windows/contrib/2.14
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘limma’ is not available (for R version 2.14.0)

R version 2.14.0 (2011-10-31)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages: