[BioC] Importing .cdt files generated by Cluster3.0 into R

Kevin R. Coombes kevin.r.coombes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 21:53:13 CEST 2011

Actually, it's a little trickier than that, since you would really like
to read things into R in a manner that constructs objects that R will
recognize and plot as a dendrogram (or an "hclust" object) as part of a
heatmap.  I have attached an R script that does this.  It assumes that
you have a set of three files with names of the form
     x.cdt
     x.gtr
     x.atr
and reads them into a list with three components:
     data    (a matrix)
     gene    (an hclust)
     arry    (an hclust)
It's not terribly robust, and it assumes that the files were generated
using the default settings from Mike Eisen's cluster and treeview
programs. But it is heavily commented, so you might be able to modify it
to do what you want if it doesn't work out of the box.

Best,
     Kevin