[BioC] Problem with addGeneIDs and org.Sc.sgd.db

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Wed Aug 22 01:28:02 CEST 2012

Hi Susan,

I don't think that any of us has access to "addGeneIDs()".  But have you
looked at the select method?  You can use it with org.Hs.eg.db (for
example).

library(org.Hs.eg.db)
?select

## So for example if your keys were the ones stored in "k" below:
k = head(keys(org.Hs.eg.db, keytype="ENTREZID"))
## Then you could do this:
select(org.Hs.eg.db, keys=k, cols=c("SYMBOL","GENENAME"),
keytype="ENTREZID")

   Marc