[BioC] Equivalent of contrasts.fit & multi-contrast decideTests for edgeR?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Dec 9 01:15:32 CET 2012

Dear Ryan,

The edgeR glmLRT() function now allows the contrast to be a matrix with
multiple columns.  The behavior of this argument is now analogous to the
coef argument.  When multiple contrasts (or multiple coefs) are specified,
the LR tests are conducted for all the contrasts at once, i.e., the LRTs
are on several degrees of freedom, one for each independent contrast.

This extension allows very general access to anova-type tests using edgeR.

I committed this change to the official release of edgeR yesterday.

Best wishes
Gordon

Professor Gordon K Smyth,
Bioinformatics Division,
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research,
1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia.
http://www.statsci.org/smyth