[BioC] How to prepare Custom INPUT(DATA) files for GAGE Analysis and DO a BASIC GAGE analysis using those files

Javerjung Sandhu jsandhu at bcgsc.ca
Tue Jan 17 21:51:49 CET 2012

Hello Valerie,
Thanks for your help. I am sending you the data files(Micro_array_dataset.txt** & Gene_Set.txt) which i want to use for the analysis.
I need to know in which format the files should be saved (like http://www.broadinstitute.org/cancer/software/gsea/wiki/index.php/Data_formats
this site explains in great detail, what should be the format of the data files required for GSEA analysis (though i am not using GSEA analysis or these file types), same way i want to know in which format i should save the data files required for GAGE analysis so that the analysis is done properly)
Please tell me which information is missing from these files.
* Yes i know that "gse16873" is expression data and "kegg.gs" is a geneset but i want to use my own, these ones are provided by the author.
1) What i want to accomplish is: I want to do a basic gage analysis (as given in the R script file named "GAGE.r" and pdf file "gage.pdf") such as t-test, rank test, KS test etc.

2) I copied the begining code(to make sure that it loads all the files successfully) from R script file provided by the author (which is also attached as GAGE.r)  and made some changes to it and saved as my own script (also attached as Gage_run.r). I tried to load the data files (Micro_array_dataset.txt & Gene_Set.txt) and got these errors (shown in "R Console.txt" file).

3) I run the R script file (Gage_run.r) first to see that it loads all the input files successfully and then i can move ahead with the tests. The output is shown in "R Console.txt" file which shows the errors and warnings.

If you need more additional information. Please do tell me. I will be happy to provide that.
**an expression matrix with genes as rows and samples as columns.
Thanks,
Jung