[BioC] Comparing single and two-color arrays

January Weiner january.weiner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:46:09 CET 2012

Dear all,

I have several experimental batches that I would like to compare in
one huge analysis. Preferably, I would like to use limma for the
analysis. I am not worried that there will be a batch-specific bias:
in fact, one of the goal of the analysis will be to find out to what
extent the results from on batch are confirmed by an independent
analysis for another cohort. Also, the general idea of the study is to
evaluate the practical feasibility of such cross-cohort approaches.

However, the problem is that some of the experiments were done on
two-color arrays. I could split the channels manually, but that is
clearly not optimal.

I know there is the possibility of analysing channels separately using
intraspotCorrelation():

corfit <- intraspotCorrelation( M, design )
fit <- lmscFit( M, design, correlation= corfit$consensus.correlation )

Is there a way of using this approach to correct and separate the two channels?

Kind regards,

j.

--