[BioC] Error with GAGE

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Jan 28 06:39:59 CET 2012

On 01/27/2012 12:52 PM, Javerjung Sandhu wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am getting the error shown in red below:
>
>  > options(width=80)
>  > Micro_array_data <- data.matrix(readExpData(file =
> "Micro_array_dataset.txt"))

you are expecting a matrix with 6 columns, and with row names equal to
gene symbols. Have you achieved this?

>  > Gene_set <- readList("c1_all_v3_0_symbols.gmt")
>  > A1_compare_un <- gage(exprs = Micro_array_data, gsets =
> Gene_set,set.size = c(10,50))

Your gene set includes genes that are not in your expression data, and
your expression data has genes not in your gene sets. Make them consistent.

You specify a minimum gene set size of 10; do any of your gene sets,
updated to contain only genes in your expression data, satisfy this?

Are the expression values measured on a scale (e.g., log) appropriate
for gage?

gage expects more than one gene set.

--
Computational Biology