[BioC] problems reading fcs files / flowcore / read.fcs (David Corne)

Mike wjiang2 at fhcrc.org
Fri Jul 13 01:19:28 CEST 2012

Hi,All,

The old version of flowCore didn't take care of double delimiters, which
was valid according to FCS3.0 standard. So we added the patch to support
that. Unfortunately this patch assumed the empty value was not valid for
keyword.(since it will be hard to tell the difference between one pair
of single delimiters with empty value and one double-delimiter)

In order to still support the FCS generated by some instruments which
contains empty values , I've added the argument 'emptyValue' to read.FCS
routine.
Default is TRUE, which automatically exclude the possibility of double
delimiters(they are treated as a pair of start and end single delimiter
with an empty value)
Otherwise,empty value are not allowed and double delimiters are parsed
as regular character which is part of value/keyword string.

The fix will appear in flowCore version 1.22.2.  Let me know if the fix
solve the problem.
Thanks,

Mike