[BioC] problems reading fcs files / flowcore / read.fcs (David Corne)

Josef Spidlen jspidlen at bccrc.ca
Thu Jul 12 18:58:25 CEST 2012

Hi David,
is the problem related to empty keyword values as reported by Kieran on
06/13/2012 12:41 PM (i.e., do you see an error like "Error in
fcs_text_parse(txt) : ERROR! no end found")?

Mike (Jiang), are you considering "fixing" it (e.g., as I suggested on
Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:00:57)?
I mean, I know it's not your fault that these instrument vendors are
breaking the standard by allowing empty keyword values. However, at the
end, it will be flowCore users who will be harmed by not being able to
read those files. Ultimately, they are more likely to turn their back at
flowCore and stop using it rather than being able to convince instrument
vendors to fix their software.

Cheers,
Josef

--