[BioC] BSgenome packages for new UCSC rn5 and galGal4 assemblies

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Jun 21 22:37:32 CEST 2012

Hi there,

Just packaged BSgenome.Rnorvegicus.UCSC.rn5 (Rat) and
BSgenome.Ggallus.UCSC.galGal4 (Chicken), and dropped them
into our BioC 2.11 (devel) repository. They should become
available via biocLite() within the next hour or so. Note
that only the source tarballs will be available for the moment
so Windows and Mac users will need to install with:

   install.packages(..., type="source")

BTW, if nobody still needs them, I'd like to stop supporting mm8
(from Feb. 2006) and sacCer1 (Oct. 2003) at some point. They've
both been superseded by newer assemblies: by mm9 and sacCer2 for
a while, and more recently by mm10 and sacCer3. The current plan
is that they will be part of the next release (Bioc 2.11, October
2012) but will be removed from Bioc 2.12 (if nobody says anything
in the meantime).

Thanks,
H.

--