[BioC] ANOVA in edgeR?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Oct 2 02:10:29 CEST 2012

Dear Vincenzo,

edgeR does use what can be viewed as a generalization of ANOVA, but one
that is appropriate for count data.  It does not use the ANOVA formula
that you may have seen in an introductory statistics textbook, which are
only for normally distributed data, and only for simple types of
experiments.

MDS in edgeR is not a sort of SSB.

Best wishes
Gordon