[BioC] A basic question about retrieve the absolute genome position from the output of of function matchPWM .

Holly xyang2 at uchicago.edu
Sun Oct 28 05:01:09 CET 2012

Steve,

As the motif I am interested is [AAGTTTAA].
Then I got a result on the negative strand as chr3:49450073-49450080,
[GGTGAGGC], which is reversely complementary to [AAGCCTCA].

Should I compare the reversely complementary hit to the motif?
If a hit is on a positive strand, then to compare the hit directly to
the motif?
Say, a literature review/database gives the motif by default for a
positive strand?

Thanks a lot,
Holly