[BioC] multiple threads on QuasR

Michael Stadler michael.stadler at fmi.ch
Mon Apr 15 08:43:06 CEST 2013

Dear Vincent,

I am copying the list since this may be interesting to other users as well.

I am glad you find QuasR useful.

The way to use multiple (here: eight) cores for alignment is to create a
cluster object (from package parallel) and provide it to the qAlign
function as in the example below:

library(QuasR)
cl <- makeCluster(8)
proj <- qAlign(..., clObj=cl)

In that way, you do not have to modify the alignmentParameter argument;
qAlign will analyze the cluster object provided to 'clObj' and modify
the bowtie or SpliceMap command line parameters accordingly.

Regards,
Michael