[BioC] multiple threads on QuasR

Michael Stadler michael.stadler at fmi.ch
Mon Apr 22 10:22:02 CEST 2013

Hi Vincent,

Merging of two different qProject objects  (e.g. spliced and
non-spliced) is not recommended. QuasR requires a qProject object to be
homogeneous, so that downstream processing functions (e.g. qCount,
qMeth, etc.) can work consistently on all samples in the qProject object.

That being said, you can have an R session with multiple qProject
objects that live happily next to one another. And should it be
necessary, you can fuse (e.g. merge() or cbind()) the derived data, such
as the data.frames returned by qCount.

qAlign is the only recommended way to create a qProject object -
existing alignments however will identified and reused, so it should be
quick to re-create a qProject object using qAlign. Behind the scenes,
qAlign does a lot of consistency checks (e.g. fingerprints of genome and
read sequences, aligner and alignment parameters, etc.), making sure
that the resulting qProject object is consistent.

I hope that in this way, you should be able to do what you want without
restrictions or having to leave your R session.

Best wishes,
Michael

Michael Stadler, PhD
Head of Computational Biology