[BioC] Microarray Analysis of Rat Gene 2.0 ST arrays

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Wed Apr 17 14:38:19 CEST 2013

On 4/16/2013 8:45 PM, Kalpana G [guest] wrote:
> I am a graduate student and new to R and Bioconductor. I have been attempting to analyse microarray data from affymetrix rat gene 2.0 ST arrays in R. However, I encountered problems that suggest that 2.0 arrays have not been updated in Bioconductor (code and error message below).
>
> I wonder if I can overcome this problem by installing the appropriate package? If not, please let me know if Bioconductor can currently be used to analyse rat 2.0 affymetrix arrays.

Yes, but not using the affy package. Instead you want to use either the
oligo or xps package.

Also, note that mas5 isn't really applicable for the Gene ST arrays
(although I do believe there is some facility to emulate this in xps),
as there are no MM probes. A more reasonable approach would be to use rma.

Best,

Jim