[BioC] edgeR: Using ratios (translational efficiencies) as input

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon Apr 29 08:37:43 CEST 2013

Dear Gowthaman,

I'm not quite sure what translational efficiencies are.  Do you have a
different efficiency value for each gene and each RNA sample?  If you do,
why not take logs of the ratios (offsetting counts by 1/2 or 1 to avoid
zeros) and feed them into limma?

Best wishes
Gordon