[BioC] kind request

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Mon Dec 16 15:23:00 CET 2013

Hi,

Comments inline:

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 2:37 PM, Aneta Pluta
<aneta.pluta at piwet.pulawy.pl> wrote:
> Dear Helper,
> I am a new user of R package limma and I can't read my file target.
> I hav information all time  like:
>
>  library("arrayQuality")
>> library("limma")
>> library("marray")
>> targets <- readTargets("targets.txt", row.names="Name", path=workdir)
>> targets
>   X.ţF
> 1   NA
> 2   NA
> 3   NA
> 4   NA
> 5   NA
> 6   NA

Well, the above wouldn't work as you haven't set `workdir` before
using it. I guess you are "paraphrasing" your code here, and this
isn't the actual code you are using so it makes it a bit harder for
people to help you.

After you define workdir, as you do next:

>> workdir <- "D:/BIV hodowle"

please run the following code and paste the output:

R> readLines(file.path(wordir, 'targets.txt'))

If your 'targets.txt' file is in the place you thin it is in, then the
command above will dump the contents of the file to the console. If
it's not where you think it is, you should get an error. Either way,
copy/paste the results from this command in your follow up email,
please.

My guess is that you are not pointing R to the right place to read
this file, or this file is in an unexpected format.

HTH,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou