[BioC] HTqPCR problem with creation of qPCRset

Elisabeth Gilis Elisabeth.Gilis at UGent.be
Wed Feb 20 09:50:54 CET 2013

Dear James,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your quick response!
I looked at the example and I've read the manuals, but my problem is
still there, I don't know how to put my data in the right format.
I made a file, just the same file as is given when you use the
 >example(readCtData), namely:
File	Treatmentsample1.txt	Controlsample2.txt	LongStarvesample3.txt	LongStarvesample4.txt	Controlsample5.txt	Starvesample6.txt	Starve

first in Excel & then saved as a text file, but this is also not good
since I get an error:
Error in data.frame(sample = 1:length(samples), row.names = samples) :
   row names supplied are of the wrong length

This is probably since the example txt file is made of different txt
files, but could it be possible to go step by step with me for how I
need to put my data in a correct format?

So these are my data (that are put in a txt file):
I had 36 samples, each in duplo for 5 genes en these are the results:

Name	        Cp
amActin-S1	17,56
amActin-S1	17,55
amActin-S2	16,43
amActin-S2	16,44
amActin-S3	18,1
amActin-S3	17,75
amActin-S4	18,02
amActin-S4	17,81
amActin-S5	17,87
amActin-S5	17,74
amActin-S6	17,07
amActin-S6	17,02
amActin-S7	19,65
amActin-S7	19,47
amActin-S8	19,64
amActin-S8	19,19
amActin-S9	17,11
amActin-S9	16,7
amActin-S10	17,06
amActin-S10	17,22
amActin-S11	18,02
amActin-S11	17,98
amActin-S12	17,6
amActin-S12	17,35
amActin-S13	16,17
amActin-S13	15,95
amActin-S14	16,51
amActin-S14	16,52
amActin-S15	17,24
amActin-S15	17,15
amActin-S16	17,01
amActin-S16	16,9
amActin-S17	15,85
amActin-S17	15,9
amActin-S18	15,98
amActin-S18	15,99
amActin-S19	17,92
amActin-S19	17,67
amActin-S20	18,5
amActin-S20	18,34
amActin-S21	16,92
amActin-S21	16,77
amActin-S22	17,45
amActin-S22	17,31
amActin-S23	17,82
amActin-S23	17,8
amActin-S24	17,21
amActin-S24	17,16
amActin-S25	15,9
amActin-S25	15,92
amActin-S26	16,15
amActin-S26	16
amActin-S27	17,94
amActin-S27	18,02
amActin-S28	18,5
amActin-S28	18,33
amActin-S29	15,96
amActin-S29	15,75
amActin-S30	15,94
amActin-S30	15,83
amActin-S31	17,04
amActin-S31	16,89
amActin-S32	17,06
amActin-S32	17,04
amActin-S33	16,58
amActin-S33	16,5
amActin-S34	16,34
amActin-S34	15,91
amActin-S35	16,54
amActin-S35	16,62
amActin-S36	16,02
amActin-S36	15,95
COL4A1-S1	21,32
COL4A1-S1	21,32
COL4A1-S2	19,77
COL4A1-S2	19,81
COL4A1-S3	21,12
COL4A1-S3	21,17
COL4A1-S4	21,67
COL4A1-S4	21,51
COL4A1-S5	21,15
COL4A1-S5	21,19
COL4A1-S6	20,59
COL4A1-S6	20,66
COL4A1-S7	22,22
COL4A1-S7	22,23
COL4A1-S8	22,06
COL4A1-S8	22,09
COL4A1-S9	20,02
COL4A1-S9	20,05
COL4A1-S10	20,27
COL4A1-S10	20,31
COL4A1-S11	20,91
COL4A1-S11	20,88
COL4A1-S12	20,66
COL4A1-S12	20,58
COL4A1-S13	19,53
COL4A1-S13	19,53
COL4A1-S14	20,26
COL4A1-S14	20,16
COL4A1-S15	20,49
COL4A1-S15	20,43
COL4A1-S16	20,56
COL4A1-S16	20,47
COL4A1-S17	19,03
COL4A1-S17	18,87
COL4A1-S18	19,16
COL4A1-S18	19,19
COL4A1-S19	20,83
COL4A1-S19	20,91
COL4A1-S20	21,49
COL4A1-S20	21,45
COL4A1-S21	20,03
COL4A1-S21	19,95
COL4A1-S22	20,75
COL4A1-S22	20,85
COL4A1-S23	20,97
COL4A1-S23	20,92
COL4A1-S24	20,47
COL4A1-S24	20,28
COL4A1-S25	19,48
COL4A1-S25	19,42
COL4A1-S26	19,69
COL4A1-S26	19,69
COL4A1-S27	21,13
COL4A1-S27	21,04
COL4A1-S28	21,46
COL4A1-S28	21,44
COL4A1-S29	19,25
COL4A1-S29	19,26
COL4A1-S30	19,08
COL4A1-S30	19,17
COL4A1-S31	20,23
COL4A1-S31	20,34
COL4A1-S32	20,65
COL4A1-S32	20,62
COL4A1-S33	20,14
COL4A1-S33	20,21
COL4A1-S34	19,48
COL4A1-S34	19,32
COL4A1-S35	20,16
COL4A1-S35	20,1
COL4A1-S36	19,73
COL4A1-S36	19,82
GAPDH-S1	18,32
GAPDH-S1	18,43
GAPDH-S2	17,44
GAPDH-S2	17,46
GAPDH-S3	18,56
GAPDH-S3	18,56
GAPDH-S4	18,82
GAPDH-S4	18,79
GAPDH-S5	18,2
GAPDH-S5	18,2
GAPDH-S6	17,66
GAPDH-S6	17,55
GAPDH-S7	19,1
GAPDH-S7	19,11
GAPDH-S8	18,95
GAPDH-S8	18,98
GAPDH-S9	18,3
GAPDH-S9	18,47
GAPDH-S10	18,5
GAPDH-S10	18,21
GAPDH-S11	19,05
GAPDH-S11	19,01
GAPDH-S12	18,7
GAPDH-S12	18,73
GAPDH-S13	17,55
GAPDH-S13	17,55
GAPDH-S14	17,78
GAPDH-S14	17,91
GAPDH-S15	18,03
GAPDH-S15	18,06
GAPDH-S16	18,04
GAPDH-S16	18,06
GAPDH-S17	16,65
GAPDH-S17	16,67
GAPDH-S18	16,79
GAPDH-S18	16,79
GAPDH-S19	18,07
GAPDH-S19	18,14
GAPDH-S20	18,62
GAPDH-S20	18,63
GAPDH-S21	18,42
GAPDH-S21	18,32
GAPDH-S22	18,74
GAPDH-S22	18,73
GAPDH-S23	19
GAPDH-S23	19
GAPDH-S24	18,62
GAPDH-S24	18,62
GAPDH-S25	17,24
GAPDH-S25	17,11
GAPDH-S26	17,3
GAPDH-S26	17,18
GAPDH-S27	18,07
GAPDH-S27	18,08
GAPDH-S28	18,3
GAPDH-S28	18,23
GAPDH-S29	17,45
GAPDH-S29	17,48
GAPDH-S30	17,33
GAPDH-S30	17,42
GAPDH-S31	18,32
GAPDH-S31	18,32
GAPDH-S32	18,43
GAPDH-S32	18,3
GAPDH-S33	17,83
GAPDH-S33	17,91
GAPDH-S34	17,24
GAPDH-S34	17,44
GAPDH-S35	17,84
GAPDH-S35	18
GAPDH-S36	17,54
GAPDH-S36	17,49
Actinb-S1	30,07
Actinb-S1	19,63
Actinb-S2	17,82
Actinb-S2	17,71
Actinb-S3	18,14
Actinb-S3	18,27
Actinb-S4	19,51
Actinb-S4	19,43
Actinb-S5	19,71
Actinb-S5	19,73
Actinb-S6	18,27
Actinb-S6	18,45
Actinb-S7	20,08
Actinb-S7	20,14
Actinb-S8	19,47
Actinb-S8	19,2
Actinb-S9	18,65
Actinb-S9	18,51
Actinb-S10	19,12
Actinb-S10	19,7
Actinb-S11	19,57
Actinb-S11	19,88
Actinb-S12	19,31
Actinb-S12	19,24
Actinb-S13	17,89
Actinb-S13	18,02
Actinb-S14	17,67
Actinb-S14	17,92
Actinb-S15	18,79
Actinb-S15	18,94
Actinb-S16	18,58
Actinb-S16	18,62
Actinb-S17	16,78
Actinb-S17	17,84
Actinb-S18	17,21
Actinb-S18	18,81
Actinb-S19	19,72
Actinb-S19	19,65
Actinb-S20	19,78
Actinb-S20	20,5
Actinb-S21	18,84
Actinb-S21	19,12
Actinb-S22	19,49
Actinb-S22	20
Actinb-S23	19,69
Actinb-S23	19,87
Actinb-S24	18,84
Actinb-S24	18,74
Actinb-S25	16,22
Actinb-S25	18,07
Actinb-S26	17,63
Actinb-S26	17,74
Actinb-S27	17,97
Actinb-S27	18,55
Actinb-S28	18,93
Actinb-S28	19,15
Actinb-S29	18,07
Actinb-S29	18,51
Actinb-S30	18,18
Actinb-S30	18,34
Actinb-S31	18,85
Actinb-S31	19,32
Actinb-S32	19,01
Actinb-S32	19,18
Actinb-S33	18,13
Actinb-S33	18,51
Actinb-S34	18,11
Actinb-S34	18,28
Actinb-S35	17,58
Actinb-S35	17,51
Actinb-S36	17,43
Actinb-S36	17,93
HPRT-S1	27,59
HPRT-S1	27,5
HPRT-S2	26,32
HPRT-S2	26,53
HPRT-S3	26,94
HPRT-S3	26,61
HPRT-S4	27,06
HPRT-S4	27,15
HPRT-S5	26,75
HPRT-S5	26,69
HPRT-S6	27,73
HPRT-S6	26,81
HPRT-S7	27,2
HPRT-S7	27,23
HPRT-S8	26,99
HPRT-S8	26,94
HPRT-S9	27,1
HPRT-S9	27,03
HPRT-S10	27,52
HPRT-S10	26,95
HPRT-S11	27,31
HPRT-S11	27,2
HPRT-S12	27,68
HPRT-S12	27,15
HPRT-S13	26,34
HPRT-S13	26,16
HPRT-S14	27,04
HPRT-S14	27,25
HPRT-S15	26,82
HPRT-S15	26,32
HPRT-S16	27,58
HPRT-S16	27,29
HPRT-S17	25,87
HPRT-S17	26,28
HPRT-S18	26,89
HPRT-S18	26,53
HPRT-S19	27,46
HPRT-S19	26,78
HPRT-S20	26,79
HPRT-S20	26,71
HPRT-S21	28,02
HPRT-S21	27,41
HPRT-S22	27,75
HPRT-S22	27,48
HPRT-S23	27,57
HPRT-S23	27,17
HPRT-S24	27,04
HPRT-S24	26,61
HPRT-S25	27,06
HPRT-S25	26,49
HPRT-S26	26,26
HPRT-S26	25,66
HPRT-S27	26,76
HPRT-S27	26,49
HPRT-S28	26,79
HPRT-S28	26,88
HPRT-S29	26,94
HPRT-S29	26,31
HPRT-S30	26,22
HPRT-S30	25,85
HPRT-S31	26,7
HPRT-S31	26,85
HPRT-S32	27,17
HPRT-S32	26,82
HPRT-S33	27,06
HPRT-S33	26,74
HPRT-S34	26,53
HPRT-S34	25,99
HPRT-S35	26,79
HPRT-S35	26,84
HPRT-S36	26,43
HPRT-S36	25,91

Do I need to add names and slots and flags? (I don't really know what
these are, but I read it a few times)
I think my format will be "plain", but that I also have the tell that
"Ct"="Cp".
But would it be possible to explan me step by step how to put it in
the right format.
I will also add the txt file to the mail, perhaps this will make
things easier.

Kind regards,

Elisabeth Gilis, PhD student
Department of Rheumatology