[BioC] Problem running pathview due to broken XML package

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 20:16:39 CEST 2013

Hi Naveed,
I was aware of this installation problem of XML package with outdated R/Biocondutor. Please always try to upgrade to the latest verison of R (3.0)/Bioconductor (2.12) for simpler installation and better use of Pathview.
If you have to stick to your old version of R/Bioconductor. You may install XML package manually. You may download it from CRAN (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/XML/index.html) and then do something like:
install.packages("/your/local/directory/XML_3.95-0.2.zip", repos = NULL)
For more problems check with the Installation section of pathview vignette or webpage at http://pathview.r-forge.r-project.org/. HTH.
Weijun