[BioC] AWS cluster not finding installed R packages

john at enginetix.com john at enginetix.com
Fri Jul 19 19:56:37 CEST 2013

   Dan,

   I'm just using the standard bioconductor aws ami and I'm installing some
   extra packages from CRAN. Working from R when I'm running a doSNOW cluster.
   I see that all of the nodes show up in the cluster, and I'm exporting the
   libraries as required. Unfortunately, when I run a job I receive an error
   that the packages are not found (it works if I use only local nodes). I have
   tried to load the required packages on each node... still no luck....

   Thank,

   John