[BioC] Pathview published in Bioinformatics

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 28 00:49:39 CEST 2013

A little more info. You
may download the KGML data file for Propanoate metabolism pathway. Gene nodes
correspond to node entries with type="gene", while white nodes
correspond to entries with type="ortholog", ortholog genes which are
not mapped for a particular KEGG species.
These ortholog gene
nodes are still show are in both KEGG and Graphviz view, except no gene data
can be mapped when calling pathview function with species = "hsa" (or
other KEGG species). However, gene data can still be mapped to these nodes when
species = "ko". This is relevant for ortholog gene data or
metagenomic data.
HTH.