[BioC] [Bioc] RNAseq less sensitive than microarrays? Is it a statistical issue?

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Wed May 15 22:46:07 CEST 2013

> Look at the vignettes from a variety of packages (edgeR, DESeq2,
> easRNAseq, QuasR) for suggested counting methods.

Or HTSeqGenie, even ...

Point is that there are many existing ways to counts reads per gene
(or transcript) and there is likely not a need for you to invent
another one. I believe HTSeqGenie gives you the results for many
different ways (including at the transcript level) (see page 7 of
their vignette), so it's especially useful.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Computational Biologist