[BioC] method or package to detect genes expressed in a specific tissue comparing to other tissues

shirley zhang shirley0818 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 19:40:20 CEST 2013

Dear List,

I am looking for a method or package to use RNA-Seq or microarray data
to detect genes whose expression in a single or small number of
tissues is significantly different than in other tissues.

For example, I have an RNASeq data in platelet cell. How can I find a
list of genes specifically expressed in platelet by comparing to the
Illumina Boby Map RNAseq data which includes 16 tissues/cells.

Many thanks,

Shirley