[BioC] SCAN.UPC vs NUSE

Peterson, Leif LEPeterson at houstonmethodist.org
Wed Sep 25 15:15:07 CEST 2013

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the rapid response.  We may be able to fit in a small sub-analysis into a student thesis project - and will definitely get back to you if we pursue that.  Certainly, the outlier probesets in arrays with artifacts will have quite large or near-zero intensity levels - which when transformed into z-scores will bias the z's of all the other probesets due to their influence on the mean over all probesets.  Once we
identify those probesets, we can go into the SCAN expression set to see what happened to them.

For now, we'll stick with removal of bad arrays based on NUSE results.

Best, Leif

Sent from my iPhone