[BioC] liimma and Across Array Normalisation

Saket Choudhary saketkc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 21:45:14 CET 2014

Related question: Similar to your case, my final topTable()'s output
indicates  some genes having a negative logFC, though literature
expects them to have a positive logFC.

I looked up the calculations and the transition from positive to
negative logFC for these genes seems to happen after the
normalizeBetweenArrays step (irrespective of the kind of normalisation
I choose).

This is a naive question again, but I am trying to understand what should be
a good metric to decide which method tends to give the least false
positives like this, given tham I have limited knowledge of which
genes should be up or down regulated(unlike in your case, where you
knew the  kind  of regulation[up/down] expected).

Thanks,
Saket