[BioC] edgeR: plotBCV, gof() and plotMDS, for outlier detection

Ryan rct at thompsonclan.org
Mon Mar 3 09:01:34 CET 2014

That BCV plot looks bizarre, with the two bands. What does the BCV plot
look like if you exclude the outlier sample? Does the double-banding go
away? Does the prior.df change?

Regardless, I think it's pretty clear from the MDS that this sample is
an outlier and should probably be excluded from your analysis.