[BioC] Microarray data analysis

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Sat Mar 22 23:50:43 CET 2014

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Prabhakar [guest]
<guest at bioconductor.org> wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>    I want to use Bioconductor for microarray data analysis for that I need one example data on which I can try R codes? Can you please suggest start point for learning Bioconductor. Which package I should start with? Thanks.

For microarray analysis, you'll need a very good reason to not go with
limma. You're going to want to thoroughly ingest its user's guide:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/vignettes/limma/inst/doc/usersguide.pdf

For more general bioconductor overviews, click through the different
years's worth of materials from different workshops listed here:

http://www.bioconductor.org/help/course-materials/

For microarray specific analyses, I guess you will find a greater
fraction of them in earlier years, just browse through the different
stuff there ... there's a lot to learn.

http://www.bioconductor.org/help/course-materials/

Lastly, this:

https://www.edx.org/course/harvardx/harvardx-ph525x-data-analysis-genomics-1401