[BioC] QuasR question

Daniel Soronellas Daniel.Soronellas at crg.eu
Mon Sep 1 10:25:20 CEST 2014

Dear Dr. Stadler,

Thank you for your quick answer.
I was reviewing section 5.1 from the tutorial, specifically the sub-section:

[ Working only with BAM files after performing alignments ]

where it shows that sampleFile2 is a bam file. Then I tried my own BAM file:

genomeFile <- "genome.fa"
sampleFile2 <- "chr22.bam"
proj2 <- qAlign(sampleFile2, genomeFile)

and got the following error:

Error in read.table(file = file, header = header, sep = sep, quote = quote,  :
  more columns than column names
In addition: Warning message:
In read.table(file = file, header = header, sep = sep, quote = quote,  :
  line 1 appears to contain embedded nulls

Do you know how I can solve it?

Thank you very much for your time and support,
Sincerelly,
Dani Soronellas
Chromatin & Gene Expression Lab
Ph: 933160115 / Ext: 1115