[BioC] Interspecies differential expression of orthologs with Edger

assaf www assafwww at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 22:22:28 CEST 2014

Thanks Gordon,

To summarize the results I got on the cross-species data, after embedding
the length-effect to the GLM offset matrix, as in the code you sent, please
see the attached MA plot:

1) for >5 and <-5 log fold change, genes' logFC is positively correlated
with mean log CPM, something I haven’t seen before in Edger standard runs.
2) most genes with fold change around > 1.3, or < -1.3, are significant,
which looks to me too “liberal”. Please note that each group contains 6
true biological replicates (variance within each group is large) .

The first problem worries me most, any idea is very welcomed.

Many thanks,
Assaf