[BioC] Interspecies differential expression of orthologs with Edger

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Sep 7 03:11:00 CEST 2014

Dear Assaf,

You are getting the sort of results that I would expect you to get when
you try to compare two RNA sources that are very different.

The diagonal lines in the MA plot are simply a result of having low counts
(0,1,2 etc) in one species and high counts in the other for the same
genes.

When you compare different species, I'd intuitively expect almost every
gene to be differentially expressed to some degree.  So I'm not surprised
that a large proportion of genes are assesssed as DE.

That's about as much help as I can give you.  I can't give advice that
would allow you to get the same sort of results as you might be used to,
because comparing different species isn't a normal thing to do.

Best wishes
Gordon