[BioC] Interspecies differential expression of orthologs with Edger

assaf www assafwww at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:32:52 CEST 2014

Dear Gordon

I am aware of the limitations of the corss-species inference -
Still , it is critical for me to minimize false positives, before the
real-time PCR validation stage.

Just trying to understand some other things, that may, or may not, be
related to the corss-species issue:
Edger manual says that any kind of "genomic feature" may be used,
but can "genomic feature" also be defined as 'groups of genes' ?
I mean, can it be correct to try Edger after summing up the counts of genes
belonging to specific categories
(e.g. gene families) ? so instead of having 12,000 genes I end up with, say
2,000 gene groups ?
this can also be good for the FDR, etc.

Thanks a lot, all the Best,
Assaf