[BioC] DiffBind annotation

Rory Stark Rory.Stark at cruk.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 12 16:20:19 CEST 2014

Hi Igor-

We avoided adding annotation to DiffBind because of the other packages
that specialize in this. They don't take a DiffBind object directly, but
you can always retrieve any peak set as a GRanges object, which is
commonly used in Bioconductor packages. The main packages I use for
annotation and gene set enrichment are ChIPpeakAnno and chipenrich.

Peaksets are returned as GRanges objects by default by dba.peakset() (with
bRetrieve=TRUE), dba.report() (for differentially bound peaks), and
dba.overlap() (for peaks that do or don't overlap between peak sets; you
can also use dbaPlotVenn() with bReturnPeaksets=TRUE).

Cheers-
Rory