[ESS] brace_linter

Mark Leeds m@rk|eed@2 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 30 07:29:33 CEST 2024

Hi All: I use R and Emacs-ESS  and I recently upgraded to R 4.4 and Ubuntu
23.04.

Since the 2 upgrades ( yesterday ), when I emacs an R file, at the bottom
of the ESS session it says ( if I toggle at certain places in the file )

"[brace_linter] Opening curly braces should never go on their own line and
should always be followed by a new line. "

So it seems like ESS is using linter to check my code but I don't want it
to because it puts ugly green lines whereever I'm not following the rules
it wants.  And I'm definitely not an emacs-lisp or ess intermediate. A
beginner at most.  So thanks for your patience and help. I'm hoping that  I
can put something in my .emacs file to override this behavior ?

Mark

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]