[Rd] rsprng doesn't install on Debian (woody) (PR#2378)

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
Tue Dec 17 13:54:03 2002

    charpent> Full_Name: Emmanuel Charpentier
    charpent> Version: 1.6.1
    charpent> OS: Linux 2.4.20 / Debian Woody
    charpent> Submission from: (NULL) (80.15.78.96)

    charpent> rsprng depends on libraries available in the "genesis" package. However, even
    charpent> when Genesis is installed, the installation of the source package fails for not
    charpent> finding rsprng.h. It turns out that Debian installs it in a subdirectoru of
    charpent> /usr/include, and that the rsprng packages assumes that it is located in
    charpent> /usr/include.

    charpent> I have but a suggestion : allow the rsprng installation to look in /usr/include
    charpent> subdirectories.

Executive Summary:

The Debian genesis package contains SPRNG v1.0.  The R RSPRNG package
is really set up to use SPRNG v2.0.  There are extremely crude RPM/DEB
packages of v2.0 for Intel Linux at

     http://software.biostat.washington.edu/~rossini/cluster_computing/

(I should stress again, they are fairly crude; but they work on our
machines, and apparently, on some other people's machines as well).

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu