[Rd] 'Apparently' trouble with name spaces and Sweave...

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 9 09:18:50 MEST 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Laurent Gautier wrote:

> Ben Bolstad experienced something odd while running R CMD check over
> a package of ours using r-devel (yesterday's fresh).
> He tracked down the problem to a vignette calling 'library(MASS)'.
>
> Please kindly ignore if this is a known (and temporary) issue.

It is not a known issue, but we have no idea how to reproduce this from
your message.  My guess is that your build of MASS is faulty, as you seem
to be missing all the data files.  Does library(MASS) on its own work?
Did you do `make check-all' on your build?

Why did you clog the list with this three times, including full email
headers which are of no interest to us?

[...]

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk