[Rd] Bug in versioned install (was: (fwd) R-1.7.0 : Problem withDownloading "dse") (PR#2827)

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Fri Apr 25 19:21:17 MEST 2003

A patch for install.packages() can be loaded as

source("http://www.maths.lth.se/help/R/patches/rw1070/install.packages.R
")

All fixes are done to the local function unpackPkg() of
install.packages(). The fix is based on the assumption that a bundle (in
zip format) contains directories for packages  , which in turn contains
the DESCRIPTION files needed. Is this assumption correct?! I also made
the temporary directory to be deleted using on.exit() to make the error
recovering a little bit nicer.

Henrik Bengtsson