[Rd] Bug in versioned install (was: (fwd) R-1.7.0 : Problem withDownloading "dse") (PR#2827)

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Fri Apr 25 14:06:15 MEST 2003

Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
> A patch for install.packages() can be loaded as
>

> source("http://www.maths.lth.se/help/R/patches/rw1070/install.packages.R
> ")
>
> All fixes are done to the local function unpackPkg() of
> install.packages(). The fix is based on the assumption that a bundle (in
> zip format) contains directories for packages  , which in turn contains
> the DESCRIPTION files needed. Is this assumption correct?! I also made

When I put the bundle together, the bundle directory contains a
DESCRIPTION file, and each package subdirectory contains a file
DESCRIPTION.in. At some point the DESCRIPTION and DESCRIPTION.in files
are cat'ed together in each package directory (but not by me). So, the
assumption may be correct at some point in the process, put it is not
correct at the beginning.

Paul