[Rd] setClass question

Roger Koenker roger at ysidro.econ.uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 26 13:01:46 MEST 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, John Chambers wrote:
> Well, hopefully.  But there seems a slight problem in the validity
> method.
>
> You require a dimension slot of length 2, but the default object
> generated from matrix.csr fails that:

John's comment revealed a couple of problems with my default matrix.csr
object, which -- once corrected  -- allowed the validity checking for
the new class to operate just as I had originally expected.  The moral
of the story is that checking the validity of the default object with

	new("classname")

is quite worthwhile...thanks again to John,

Roger

url:	www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger/my.html	Roger Koenker
email	rkoenker at uiuc.edu			Department of Economics
vox: 	217-333-4558				University of Illinois
fax:   	217-244-6678				Champaign, IL 61820