[Rd] Apparent parser problem (PR#2520)

jrogers@cantatapharm.com jrogers@cantatapharm.com
Sun Feb 2 02:54:03 2003

> You *did* do this in a new session with --vanilla, didn't you?

Almost. What I did was comment out all of the lines of my Rprofile, and
start with a new .Rdata (this should have the same effect as --vanilla,
right?). Doing that, I get the behavior I described, but...

I now see that I only get the problem when running R through iESS. If I
work directly with Rterm, or with Rgui, I don't get the problem. So, R
is not responsible (sorry!) and perhaps I should pursue this outside of
R-bugs. But may I ask if anyone can replicate my problem when working
through iESS?

Jim