[Rd] Bug in socketConnection (PR#2535)

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard@biostat.ku.dk
Sat Feb 8 20:05:02 2003

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk writes:

> You have already reported this as PR#2511. Neither report is reproducible,
> since we have no idea how to reproduce the socket connection you used.
>
> Since you are the only one with the ability to reproduce this, could you
> please submit the patch needed to resolve it?   (It may well be a timing
> issue specific to your system, and we don't have the resources to
> debug unusual uses by commercial users on platforms very few of the
> developers use.)

Erm, Brian, you're being foiled by the .com address. This is part of
the gR project, so David is already in the process of contributing
substantially. It is not work requested by Novo.

That being said, you are of course right that we'll need a small
reproducible example (i.e. preferably not the entire MIM program...)
in order to be able to help with the problem.

(And bugs.r-project.org seems to have gone down again after I went to
Augsburg, so I think he can be excused for the double submit.)

~~~~~~~~~~ - (p.dalgaard@biostat.ku.dk)             FAX: (+45) 35327907