[Rd] Re: [R] Announce: pmg -- menu driven GUI using RGtk

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Thu Jan 16 19:56:03 2003

This build and runs fine in the Darwin/X11 version for Mac OS X. It
does require some
hacking of RGtk. Basically, you need to build RGtk both as the bundle
RGtk.so
and as the static archive libRGtk.a This is necessary to be able to
build
RGtkExtras and RGtkGlade and so on. Binaries will be in the next
archive on
gifi.

On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 09:56 AM, verzani@math.csi.cuny.edu
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've put together a quick and dirty menubar + dialogs + spreadsheet
> GUI for R using the RGtk package. Performance is not great (OOP is a
> real memory hog?), the design may be worse, but the hope is that it
> will be useful in an introductory stats course while we await the
> arrival of a real gui with ObveRsive and SciViews.
>
> The package can be found at
>
> http://www.math.csi.cuny.edu/Statistics/R/pmg/
>
> Feedback welcome.
>
> --
> o---------------------------------------------------------------------o
> |  John Verzani                            verzani@math.csi.cuny.edu  |
> |  CUNY/CSI			       www.math.csi.cuny.edu/verzani  |
> |  Dept. of Mathematics, 1S-215	                        718 982 3623  |
> |  Staten Island, NY 10314	       	          (fax) 718 982 3631  |
> o---------------------------------------------------------------------o

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au