[Rd] password-protected HTTP proxies

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 17 10:31:02 2003

I have added code to R-devel to handle HTTP proxies which require
username/password (basic) authentication.  I read the HTTP/1.0 (and /1.1)
specs and looked at the user interface of wget, but I have no such proxy
to try.

If anyone can try such a proxy, I would appreciate a report on

(1) does it work and

(2) if you are already using wget, do the environment variables you set
for wget work unchanged for my code?

and of course if not, the code patches needed to make it work.

Brian