[Rd] infinite loop in make for src/unix (PR#2477)

jvv@cs.umd.edu jvv@cs.umd.edu
Tue Jan 21 00:38:02 2003

Full_Name: John Van Voorhis
Version: 1.6.2
OS: SunOS 5.8
Submission from: (NULL) (128.8.130.192)

While running initial 'make' everything went fine until src/unix. At which point

it kept entering and exiting src/unix without doing anything. I fixed the
problem
by deleting the dependencies on Makefile for the Makedeps and R targets.

I am using gnu Make 3.79, gcc 2.95.3, Solaris SunOS5.8 on an UltraSparc.

I double checked that I had found the problem by rerunning make with the
distributed
makefile restored, but the looping behavior did not recur.

When I ran make check, everything semed to be OK.