[Rd] Update on "Shift-Return causes segfault (PR#3293)"

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Mon Jul 7 08:56:09 MEST 2003

Hi all,

I wanted to post an update on this issue and let you know that RH has
closed the bug indicating that the issue has been resolved with
readline version 4.3-7.

So far, I have not seen an updated RPM specifically for RH 8.0 or RH 9
via the Red Hat Network. However the comments on RH's Bugzilla
indicate that an update is available for "Rawhide" which is RH's
test-bed platform version of the OS. I could not get on the RH FTP
server this morning, thus I checked RPMSEEK and found the following
for i386 platforms:

A Rawhide SRPM at:

http://rpmseek.com/rpm/readline-4.3-7.src.html?hl=com&cs=readline:PN:0
:0:0:673600

A Rawhide RPM at:

http://rpmseek.com/rpm/readline-4.3-7.i386.html?hl=com&cs=readline:PN:
0:0:0:674020

And the Rawhide Devel RPM at:

http://rpmseek.com/rpm/readline-devel-4.3-7.i386.html?hl=com&cs=readli
ne:PN:0:0:0:674021

Note that the dates of the above RPMs are 6/25/2003, which is 3 days
before I filed the bug report, so it would appear that RH was already
aware of the problem in readline 4.3-5.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz