[Rd] Update on "Shift-Return causes segfault (PR#3293)"

Graeme Ambler Graeme.Ambler at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Jul 7 18:46:23 MEST 2003

Hi again all,

Martyn Plummer contacted me last week asking for the RPMs I had built for
RH8.0 and RH9.  This is just to let you guys know that those RPMs are now up
on CRAN, signed with my GPG key (ID 62897321).  They include all 5 of the
patches from the readline-4.3-patches directory on ftp.gnu.org, the first of
which fixes this particular problem.  The rawhide RPMs only apply the first
patch.  In case anyone wants a copy of these updated RPMs, here's some links:

For the RH8.0 RPMs:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/redhat/8.x/i386/readline-4.3-4.i386.rpm
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/redhat/8.x/i386/readline-devel-4.3-4.i386.rpm

For the RH9 RPMs:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/redhat/9/i386/readline-4.3-6.i386.rpm
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/redhat/9/i386/readline-devel-4.3-6.i386.rpm

They should be on the mirrors by now too.

Notice that the patch numbers do not conflict with the rawhide one, so if
redhat do publish an update then it should apply cleanly on top of these.

I hope this is useful,

Graeme.