[Rd] Strategies for S-PLUS compatibility?

John Chambers jmc at research.bell-labs.com
Fri Jul 18 18:36:03 MEST 2003

"A.J. Rossini" wrote:

> Duncan Murdoch <dmurdoch at pair.com> writes:
>
> > I'd like to give a copy of an R package to someone using S-PLUS.  It
> > doesn't just run as-is, it'll need changes.  Has anyone written any
> > general guidelines on ways to port in that direction?
>
> I thought the other Duncan had some form of compatibility package on
> the Omegahat WWW site?

The "SLanguage" package in omegahat is an R and S-Plus collection of
functions addressing some of the incompatibilities.  The functions there
will help with some aspects, but it's not a tutorial and doesn't claim
to be complete.

I'd say that's a place for someone to get some additional ideas, and
some possibly helpful software, once they understand the basics of what
they need to do. More information (including a pointer to some
background discussion) and downloads at
http://www.omegahat.org/SLanguage/

John